Saturday 3 August 2013

Elf Loves Collection! - Part Dos

Bonjour!

And so to the second part of the Elf Loves Collection! - Lips & Face 

Lips




This lip tint is £3.50 and is in the shade "blush". It is incredibly moisturising and gives the lips a nice subtle colour, more than a lip balm less than a lipstick. I really like this product but if I were buying it I would probably have went for one of the darker shades like "berry", a deeper pinky, purple colour. This just gives me an excuse to add another thing to my evergrowing elf wishlist!




This lipstick is £1.50 and is in the shade "nude pink". This will be my first negative review of an elf product! First of all the colour is nothing like the colour on the website. It looks more like one of the other shades, "baby lips". Secondly this has a peppermint scent which  I am not a fan of at all as I feel that it actually makes my lips chapped (I'm weird I know). However this is just my personal opinion and if you are a fan of lip products such as the burts bees peppermint lip balm or carmex then you will probably like this liquid lipstick and at £1.50 it is still great value.




The last lip product included in the collection is the super glossy lip shine in "strawberry". This gloss smells amazing and it is "super glossy" on the lips. I did find it moisturising but slightly sticky at the same time (if that's even possible!). I don't tend to wear lip gloss but I would maybe put this on top of one of my lipsticks if I was going out of a night, just to give my lips a nice shine. 



Face






 "These lightly dusted shimmer sheets create a gorgeous glow on the apples of the cheeks". I have to be honest, it wasn't until I read this that I had a clue how to use these. When I opened the packet there was an explosion of glitter all over my room. Even now, a month after I received them I still find random bits of glitter in my room. It went too far when I found a speck of glitter on my toothbrush! How does that even happen?! I'm sure in the hands of someone who knows how to use these properly, you would achieve a nice glittery glow but I have only managed to make myself look like a disco ball! These are in the shade bronze and are £3.75 for 20 sheets.




This blusher is in the shade "glow". This is a really nice colour, a pale pinky peach shade. It is fairly pigmented and blends really nicely. It has a nice shimmer to it which I don't usually like in a blusher but this gives off a natural glow rather than just a shiny face (which I try to avoid)! My only complaint would be the brush that you get with it. It is quite rough and scratchy and the bristles were already falling out of it when I got it. Apart from that, this is a really nice blusher for £2.50.





This is my absolute favourite product I got in the collection and that is purely down to the scent of these wipes. I want to eat them (judge me until you smell them). They are vanilla and coconut lotion wipes that can be used wherever needed to moisturise and hydrate the skin. There are have many different scents available on the website but if I was buying them I would've definitely picked these ones anyway. They are super moisturising and if I haven't already mentioned they smell amazing (like summer). I will definitely be repurchasing these!


I was really happy with the majority of this collection and it was a great opportunity to try products which I might not have picked myself!! 

What are your favourite elf products? Have you tried any of the products mentioned? 

History Never Repeats.

X

5 comments:

  1. What the hell, the shimmer sheets sound so weird?! Don't think I'll be purchasing them! I really want to try those lipsticks though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Glitter glitter everywhere!! You should definitely get the lipsticks in the next elf haul!! X

      Delete
  2. Hey sweets, i saw ur link on your friends blog where she mentiond you in her watch post...
    U have a nice blog..
    May be we can follow each other..!!!

    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!! Will definitely follow!! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks very much!! And definitely! X

    ReplyDelete