Tuesday 10 September 2013

Everyday Makeup - The Concealer!!

Hello!!

On to the Concealer!!







This is the under eye concealer and highlighter from Elf and it is £3.75. After using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for a while, I felt like a change and this happened to be at the same time as Elf was having a huge sale so I thought I would give this one a try. I am an absolute sucker for packaging so I loved the two products in one thing. I had never really used a highlighter before and thought as I was getting two products in one I would give this one a go. However it would seem that what I gained in packaging and convenience I lost in product quality as I didn't really like the highlighter that much. It didn't really show up on my face unless I used loads which just made me look like a ghost. However I really like this concealer. It has a nice consistency and is such a natural shade (I picked the shade "fair"). Don't be put off by the photos which have made it look slightly orange (ah Scottish lighting), it definitely does not look at all orange on the face. I use it mainly under my eyes but it is great for the other problem areas I have. However, I don't think I would repurchase this purely for the fact that I don't use the highlighter. Nikki (Lunar Lights) has highly recommended the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer and as part of my new addiction to Bourjois I think I will try this one next!!






This is the pointed foundation brush from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman and is part of the Core Collection. This brush says its for foundation but like all the Real Techniques brushes it can be used with so many different products!! I find this is great for under my eyes and it doesn't take long at all because of the size of the brush. It is tapered towards the top which makes it perfect for concealing the side of the nose and around the whole face. I would definitely recommend this brush!!


What are your favourite concealers at the moment?


History Never Repeats.

X

6 comments:

  1. I really like two in one consealer abd hilighter..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very convenient!! Shame about the highlighter though!!

      Katrina X

      Delete
  2. LOVE getting stuff from elf, have you seen their online shop? Insanely cheap but the only problem is shipping with being out of the US, I still do it though :)

    xx Alicia
    cleverspices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love elf ! They have a few of my favories, I haven't tried this item but it's added to my wishlist :)
    'http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha elf is definitely one of my favourites too!! X

      Delete